Friday, February 20, 2009

The greatest job on earth.

So I was mopping my floors and I realized, I really truly have the greatest job on earth, (imo, that is). I have what I always dreamed of. I am able to stay home with my 2 amazing, healthy kids and do what I want for the most part.
I was mopping the hall and I past Morgan's room and i saw her sleeping peacefully in her bed and then I passed Zakry's room and he too was peacefully sleeping and it dawned on me: "I have 2 children!" I know it's been nearly 6 months since I became the mother of 2, but i don't know, something today made me really realize that I'm living my dream. I always wanted at least 2 children, boy and a girl, and I wanted to be a stay at home mom. I think I was saying that from the time I was like maybe 8 or 9 years old. Well I have that and some days are so stressful and I find myself feeling depressed or unhappy, but I shouldn't have those days. This is my dream and I really think that I would be miserable working outside the home and taking my kids to a babysitter every day. I love only working about 5 hours a week (just enough to give me a bit of a break) for the church and I love working with youth. I truly have a great life.
With that being said, I'm trying to improve on my motherhood and wifelyhood. I'm trying to do a craft or activity with Morgan each day and I am trying to spend more time just holding and loving on Zakry.
Today we printed off shapes and I cut them out and then I hid them all around the house with tape on the back of them. I then gave Morgan the outlines of those shapes and we went around and found all the shapes and taped them onto the outlines in the correct place. I was amazed that she knows her shapes very well and I have never really worked with her on them.
We're working on colors, but she still doesn't quite understand how something is a star is also yellow...she thought it was a star not yellow...
We're watching less tv which is great and watching what we eat. Fruits and veggies instead of sugary snacks! :) I feel much better and even if I don't lose weight, at least I feel good about
myself and how I'm raising my children to eat.
Anyway, these were my thoughts for today and although I may lose sight of how great my life really is somedays, now maybe I can come back and read this occassionally and remember how great I really have it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment